RevitCity.com Logo

Home  |  Forums  |  Downloads  |  Gallery  |  News & Articles  |  Resources  |  Jobs  |  FAQ  |  SearchSearch  |  Join  |  LoginLogin

Welcome !

238 Users Online (74 Members): Show Users Online - Most ever was 626 - Mon, Jan 12, 2015 at 2:00:17 PM

 

Forums

Forums >> Revit Building >> Tips & Tricks >> Randomized Colors Tile Pattern

Search this ThreadSearch this Thread | Page 1 of 1 |

Wed, Apr 9, 2014 at 7:36:44 AM | Randomized Colors Tile Pattern

#1

OwnageHawk


active

Joined: Wed, Oct 10, 2012
9 Posts
No Rating


Hello,

 

I have an exterior area paved with 20 x 20 cm tiles.  The client wants 70% of the tiles to be 1 color with the other 30% being another color organized in a "random" fashion.

 

Is there a way to do this in Revit?  Right now I have my floor material with a 'paint' applied on it to create the 20 x 20 pattern.

 

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.


This user is offline

 

Wed, Apr 9, 2014 at 12:13:23 PM | Randomized Colors Tile Pattern

#2

teafoe5


site moderator|||
teafoe5 Avatar

Joined: Fri, Nov 12, 2010
1749 Posts
4.5 Stars: 45 Votes


Depending on how big the area is you may want to just paint the areas you need a different color.   I also came across this post but I have not tried it and I'm not sure if it would be applicable to your situation

 

http://dp-stuff.org/randomizer-revit-addin/ 


This user is offline

View Website

Wed, Apr 9, 2014 at 2:46:05 PM | Randomized Colors Tile Pattern

#3

nastyclown


active
nastyclown Avatar

Joined: Tue, Jul 14, 2009
273 Posts
4.5 Stars: 9 Votes


Do it manually, with a custom material:

With a pattern created with mertens (or wich you prefer) create a pattern with obscured and clear tiles

in the porcentage the client wants (70/30).Thats for documentation

 

Then paint it in photoshop or gimp repaint the obscure ones, and save the texture as a JPG or PNG. Link it to the tiling

material and set the correct size.This is for rendering and shaded looking.

If you have any doubts, search for "material creation revit"


This user is offline

 

Tue, Jul 8, 2014 at 6:20:02 AM | Randomized Colors Tile Pattern

Thread Post Kudo! #4

online2000


active
online2000 Avatar

Joined: Sun, Feb 22, 2009
43 Posts
5 Stars: 1 Votes


in case you are trying to colour a tiled/paved area with random colour(tones) that mac a certain spectrum...

REVIT CAN DO IT FOR YOU AUTOMATICALLY!!

dont use any other method

when editing your material-CREATE A TILES 'COLUR'

 note that when creting tiled texture, under the Texture editor you can randomise the tone factor- thus creating variations of tones between the tiled surface\see images for explaination



Attached Images

132630_VARIANCE.PNG

-----------------------------------

eli

This user is offline

 

Search this ThreadSearch this Thread | Page 1 of 1 |



Similar Threads

Thread/Thread Starter

Forum

Last Post

Replies

Make realistic tile pattern

Community >> The Studio

Fri, Jun 25, 2010 at 2:43:53 PM

2

Tile Pattern Height

Revit Building >> Technical Support

Mon, Oct 9, 2006 at 7:36:02 PM

1

Offset tile pattern

Revit Building >> Technical Support

Wed, Jan 1, 2014 at 11:56:13 PM

5

Custom Offset tile pattern with four sizes

Revit Structure >> Technical Support

Mon, Aug 8, 2011 at 4:48:10 PM

2

Tile Pattern

Revit Building >> Technical Support

Sat, Mar 24, 2012 at 12:10:38 PM

9

Site Stats

Members:

1686310

Objects:

22198

Forum Posts:

151740

Job Listings:

3

Sponsored Ads

Home | Forums | Downloads | Gallery | News & Articles | Resources | Jobs | Search | Advertise | About RevitCity.com | Link To Us | Site Map | Member List | Firm List | Contact Us

Copyright 2003-2010 Pierced Media LC, a design company. All Rights Reserved.

Page generation time: 0.2104

Login

User Name:

Password:

Remember Me  

Forgot Password?

Search Forums

Advanced Search

Search Forums

Advanced Search


Clear Highlights


Clear Highlights