I am facing some anoying problems when triying to introduce real world UTM coordinates into my Revit Project. I will try to explain to you the project I am working on and the steps that I have taken. Any advice or suggestion will be welcome!
- I have created a base topography model in which several buildings model will be linked. All of them should share the same coordinate system.
- I have the UTM coordinates of one specific point of the site. Therefore, I have unlocked the survey point in the topography model and I have introduced the UTM coordinates by using the tool "specify coordinates at point"
- After doing that, the survey point moves so far away, so I lock it again and I move it to the actual position that it has. It keeps the UTM coordinates.
- Following that, I link the other buildings' models and I publish the coordinates to them. I close and save their new location.
- The problem starts when I open the files of the buildings' models, the published coordinates didn't work well and their are not in the accurate position or neither have the values I have entered in the base model. I guess that it has something to do with the lock/unlock of the project base point and survey points of the base and lincked models.
Any opinions about this issue and the workflow??