RevitCity.com Logo

Home  |  Forums  |  Downloads  |  Gallery  |  News & Articles  |  Resources  |  Jobs  |  FAQ  |  SearchSearch  |  Join  |  LoginLogin

Welcome !

72 Users Online (71 Members): Show Users Online - Most ever was 626 - Mon, Jan 12, 2015 at 2:00:17 PM

 

Forums

Forums >> General Discussion >> Revit Project Management >> Advice on a touchy graphics issue - lots of filters or a mix of varied ways

Search this ThreadSearch this Thread | Page 1 of 1 |

Thu, Nov 6, 2014 at 4:53:53 PM | Advice on a touchy graphics issue - lots of filters or a mix of varied ways

#1

AnejoDave


active

Joined: Thu, Apr 12, 2012
31 Posts
No Rating


We're having a lively debate in the office about where the use of filters lies in the heirarchy of controlling graphics.  Our design process requires nearly all of our content aside from walls to come from a third party.  A third party that shouldn't be allowed near Revit.  So we're stuck with garbage piled upon *CENSORED* with a side of fermented vomit.  Unfortunately this cannot be changed so it's either try to find a new job where there aren't any stable jobs or stick with this one.

My thoughts are to use filters for almost everything so we have one single location to go to when you need to change something.  Others want to not re-invent the wheel and stick with the templates that work but have half a dozen different ways of doing the same thing.  But it does work.

 

So what we're looking at is either creating a while new set of filters with logical names (a metric buttload of work) or sticking with what works but is convoluted.  What would you do?


-----------------------------------

Use "Hide in View" and you're a nazi terrorist who takes the last beer

This user is offline

 

Thu, Nov 6, 2014 at 6:22:52 PM | Advice on a touchy graphics issue - lots of filters or a mix of varied ways

#2

WWHub


site moderator|||

Joined: Tue, May 16, 2006
13079 Posts
3.5 Stars: 385 Votes


I say always use templates if that works.   You might still have some filters in the view template because of what you are dealing with.

 

Filters are harder to control and a lot harder for users to understand.


This user is offline

 

Thu, Nov 6, 2014 at 6:29:08 PM | Advice on a touchy graphics issue - lots of filters or a mix of varied ways

#3

AnejoDave


active

Joined: Thu, Apr 12, 2012
31 Posts
No Rating


We do use templates as much as possible but due to the nature of the client and the third party garbage they only can do about 90% of what we need.  The other 10% is either overrides, filters, hide in view, etc.

 

We have a solid grasp on filters.  We've had to just to make this stuff work.  Basically we've learned to use filters to work magic because the third party is so inept.


-----------------------------------

Use "Hide in View" and you're a nazi terrorist who takes the last beer

This user is offline

 

Search this ThreadSearch this Thread | Page 1 of 1 |



Similar Threads

Thread/Thread Starter

Forum

Last Post

Replies

Filters in visibility graphics

Revit Systems >> Technical Support

Wed, Feb 4, 2015 at 1:43:00 PM

1

applying colors in Filters in different floors in one project

General Discussion >> Revit Project Management

Mon, Oct 17, 2011 at 1:45:51 PM

2

rated walls using filters

Revit Building >> Technical Support

Wed, Sep 23, 2020 at 8:55:13 AM

1

visibility graphics question

General Discussion >> Revit Project Management

Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 6:33:52 PM

8

Advice from Professional Architects/Architectural Technicians

Community >> The Studio

Wed, Apr 20, 2016 at 9:47:25 PM

3

Site Stats

Members:

1897485

Objects:

22620

Forum Posts:

152077

Job Listings:

3

Sponsored Ads

Home | Forums | Downloads | Gallery | News & Articles | Resources | Jobs | Search | Advertise | About RevitCity.com | Link To Us | Site Map | Member List | Firm List | Contact Us

Copyright 2003-2010 Pierced Media LC, a design company. All Rights Reserved.

Page generation time: 0.4450

Login

User Name:

Password:

Remember Me  

Forgot Password?

Search Forums

Advanced Search

Search Forums

Advanced Search


Clear Highlights


Clear Highlights