This is totally do-able and a huge time saver.
It won't read the actual layers from the Structural dialog box so you have to enter the 'layers' as type parameters for each wall but then it's done and works like a charm.
1. Create new shared parameters, type 'Text' named Layer1, Layer2, Layer3, Layer4 etc (as many as you will expect).
2. In the project create new 'project parameters' using the above shared parameters. Make it Category 'Walls' and 'Type' (not instance).
3. Create a new tag family using the generic multi-category template. Add 1 new label and load / use the same Shared parameters. Put all shared layers parameters in the same label and check off the Break box so they get stacked.
4. In the project click on the wall, then Edit Type and fill in your layers > Concrete block, Air Space, Face brick etc.
5. Load the new tag and tag the wall. Voila !
I would justify the tag label on the left hozizontally and Middle vertically so if you leave a layer blank it still sits properly with the leader line. Add in as many layers as you would expect to ever have.
Making it multi-category would allow you to use the same tag for walls, floors, roofs etc. as Long as you add the project parameters for each category in step 2.
FULL 'DOWNLOAD ACCESS' to all 850+ CADclips videos for only $150