- Can it be used when submitting for LEED energy reduction credits?
I would not fully trust the apache app inside revit for leed energy reduction verification.
- How do I export from IES/Revit to Trane Trace and vice-versa?
Export the gbxml from your revit model after you have overriden the values (electrical loads, people, etc.)
- Is there a common how-to and troubleshooting guide here (or anywhere)?
Not really, there are other posts out there about this, more on augi.
- Can I get more complicated with the mechanical systems used for the load calculations?
Not yet is revit, trace 700 yes.
- How do I override some of the room information (for example use 0.8 w/sqft for lighting instead of the information from the light fixtures)?
Go into the element properties of the selected room, scroll down to energy analysis and click edit for elec. and People, you will then be able to override all values. you must do this for every room you have assigned, this is large problem sometimes when linking an arch model in that has rooms already assigned sometimes all the rooms cannot be copied.
- Can I run a single room, set of rooms, or an entire floor separately?
not in revit 2008, i have heard you can do it in 2009.
- How long does the 'trial' version of IES-Apache last? Should this be permanent instead of just a trial?
the trial of IES <Virtual Environment> is 30 days. the sustainability toolkit is free for now.