To apply a paint color to a wall.
1. Open the materials dialog box and create a new material by duplicating another similar material.
2. Click the Rendered Appearance tab
3. Click the 'replace' button.
4. Select the paint color you want
5. On the graphics tab you can check the 'Use Rendered Appearance for Shading' or just pick a color from the big color rectangle button.
6. Close the materials dialog box
7. Now, edit the properties of the wall type
8. Click the skinny 'edit' button for the wall 'structure'.
9. Select the 'material' of the layer on the side of the wall you want painted
10. Pick your newly created material with paint
11. Ok, ok, ok, and that's pretty much it.
Once you create the material (step 5) you can also just use the REVIT 'Paint' tool to simply paint the face of the wall, or roof, or floor etc. with any material.
If you don't care about 'rendered appearance' and just want a 'shaded' paint you can pick a color off the Graphics tab of the Materials dialog box
Hope this helps.
Edited on: Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 10:25:41 AM